The roadmap below details our development plans. Since some project elements may move faster and others slower based on the rate of team expansion and throughput, we will update this roadmap quarterly to properly reflect the work accomplished and new goals ahead.
Given that we chose to name the Mercury Protocol after the Roman messenger god, we elected to name the phases after other Roman gods that fit the nature of each phase.
Jupiter (also known as Zeus) was the king of the gods. Just as he was the precursor to all, these first critical steps in the Mercury project will set the technical foundation for years to come.
Jupiter Phase Highlights
- Expanded our team to increase project throughput
- Filed to get GMT on Apple’s list of approved tokens for App Store
- Developed a method for paying user transaction fees with ERC20 tokens
- Reduced gas fees to scalable numbers for micro-transactions
- Architected methods for storing and accessing data for use within Broadcast and other apps — starting with user profiles
- Increased developer relations for Mercury Protocol
It is said that Mercury (also known as Hermes,) lent his winged sandals to Perseus to help him defeat Medusa. Similarly, in this phase we will begin working with other development teams in earnest to build a network capable of going toe-to-toe with the current titans of the communication industry.
Perseus Phase Highlights
- Release Dust 5.0 including GMT-powered features (iOS, Android, +Web)
- Design client and backend frameworks for easier third party integrations
- Develop Broadcast app with blockchain-based user profiles
- Technical KYC solution for users to withdraw GMT from their Mercury Protocol wallets
- Research and develop machine-learning defense solutions to malicious manipulation of GMT rewards and user reputation mechanics
- User Growth Pool grants to users of Dust and other integrating apps to continue to grow the Mercury Protocol network
This phase is named after Mars (also known as Ares,) the god of war, as it marks the readiness of the Mercury Protocol technology to undertake the global campaign to displace the traditional advertising based revenue model of communications.
Mars Phase Highlights
- Release Broadcast beta
- Abstract the protocol from Dust to make it application agnostic
- Develop iOS, Android, Web, and backend frameworks for easier third party integrations and faster network growth
- Improve documentation to onboard new developer teams
- Solution for users and other developers to easily convert GMT to fiat to reduce time to revenue flow
- Develop bug bounty system to incentivize peer review of the protocol
- Host a hackathon to promote innovative product ideas based on the Mercury Protocol
- Evangelize the protocol at developer conferences around the world to spread awareness and collect developer and user feedback
1:1 Encrypted Messenger
Stay up to date
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date on all of our latest developments!